The Security Manager oversees security operations, people and asset protection at assigned vehicle rental and non-rental facilities, and is field-based. This role requires active engagement and strategic alignment with business and support services teams to design, deliver and maintain security objectives, controls and standards to protect people and company assets using a metrics managed program.
The Security Manager will provide leadership in delivering timely, efficient and effective physical security controls that help ensure the security and continuity of business operations at all areas of responsibility (e.g. rental facilities located at airports, local market stores, and non-rental / storage facilities).
The Security Manager will be accountable for both contracted and non-contracted physical security resources, controls, programs and missing vehicle losses per area of responsibility. H/she will conduct routine facility inspections to help ensure compliance with the organization’s established operating procedures and local, state, and federal regulations, and correct any deficiencies.
Essential duties and responsibilities are shown below:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for the security operations at all assigned facilities.
- Performs, coordinates and manages with cross-functional business partners the timely and routine identification, prevention, mitigation, reporting and recovery of missing vehicles and ensures continuous tracking of missing assets via metrics per facility.
- Routine collection and analysis of internal reports that identify potential or actual missing vehicles from control and action those events with internal teams for timely vehicle recoveries and mitigate risks of vehicle and financial loss.
- Proactively organize and lead routine meetings with business teams (e.g. City, District or Airport Managers and Loss Prevention) to review missing vehicle and theft/conversions, fraud loss events and security risks per assigned facility of responsibility. Lead efforts to document findings and develop remediation plans per facility that are instructional and actionable so that requirements for improvements can be easily understood and adopted by Operations management teams in the allotted time for asset and people protection.
- Develop robust processes, performance metrics and documentation to support short and long-term objectives for vehicle asset security, inventory control procedures per facility of responsibility, and partner with business lines to identify opportunities to enhance security controls, practices, processes and the customer experience.
- Define, design, test, implement and/or inspect physical security controls, technology standards, policies, required upgrades, maintenance and day-to-day management of all physical/facility security controls through internal and external resources. Provide recommended solutions for security control repairs or improvements with business partners.
- Conduct routine site visits of rental and non-rental facilities within the area of responsibility to ensure physical security and fraud controls are working properly, and employees/contractors are in compliance with company policies and practices for vehicle asset and security controls. Create measurable and time bound corrective plans to address any vulnerabilities or gaps in security or fraud controls, per site, and escalate to the City Manager, Area Vice President and Controller for review.
- Participate in all internal audit department inspections of facilities, the Closing Call and remediation planning per site.
- Conduct, manage or coordinate internal and external investigations with human resources, legal, internal audit, claim governance and / or law enforcement as appropriate. Lead or facilitate the timely reporting of missing/stolen vehicles with law enforcement and provide testimony as needed.
- Responds to and effectively manage all non-urgent and urgent situations escalated to the security organization. Support ad-hoc requests and emergency situations.
- Oversee aspects of security guard contract agreements and compliance with performance standards per facility and escalates any performance or non-compliance issues with appropriate management personnel. Ensure security guards are in full compliance with company approved security standards such as Exit Gate procedures.
- Lead the routine and timely inspection and assure physical security controls and electronic security systems are maintained in proper operating condition to provide continuous and effective protection of all company assets (e.g. security cameras, card access, alarm monitoring systems, entrance and exit gate controls, exterior and interior physical security controls)
- Develop and maintain appropriate level relationships with officials in law enforcement, intelligence the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) and other governmental functions as well as private sector counterparts.
- Provide training for new and existing employees relating to security and fraud awareness, prevention and response.
- Partner with internal departments to provide assistance, expertise or performance improvement exercises as required.
Some Security Managers may not have supervisory responsibility.
Qualifications (may vary by level)
· Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience which can include combined experience with law enforcement, intelligence, public service and/or private sector corporate security organization
- Previous experience in a supervisory or management role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of criminal investigation procedures, law enforcement operations, legal system.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and project and performance management skills.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, crisis management and problem solving
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills, leadership experience and exceptional relationship management competencies to understand impact and sensitivity of security issues
- Proven commitment to innovative thought and actions in a fast paced business environment
- Strong Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires strong analytical ability, attention to detail, business acumen and ability to manage and influence teams to deliver on objectives.
Moderate travel is required.
A valid driver's license is required for all positions. Drug screening is a part of our hiring process.
Avis Budget is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in your being considered for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.