Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States. We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry. Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
As an HR Business Partner you will serve as a consultant to operational management on human resource-related issues, aligning and enabling the business to meet its objectives. You will act as change agent and advocate for team members. In this role you will assess and anticipate HR-related needs, communicating needs proactively with our HR Center of Expertise and Regional Leadership to develop integrated solutions.
This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Human Resources and will be based in Nashville, TN.
- Assists in the development and implementation of human resources policies to meet organizational needs and comply with state and federal laws. Works with operational leadership to develop strategic initiatives to achieve company goals.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation as it relates to hiring, compensation, performance management, benefits and other team member related matters to regional and field management.
- Leads and manages terminations, layoffs and other separation and/or associate discipline issues with regional and field based leadership as needed.
- Serves as the liaison between field leadership, corporate HR and legal team; provides support in the investigation of employee issues, legal compliance, DOL investigations and implementation of human resources related systems.
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies. Works with regional leadership to develop and implement strategies to support the operational needs.
- Promotes positive employee relations throughout the region by partnering with operations leaders to conduct employee surveys, climate studies and skip-level meetings.
- Partners with operations and compensation to conduct wage analyses considering market, minimum wage changes, shift differentials and other competitive factors.
- Responds to union organizing, ensuring managers are trained on awareness and appropriate follow-up steps. Partners with the HR Service Center, legal and operational leadership to minimize risk.
- Assists in the development and implementation of human resources policies to meet organizational needs and comply with state and federal laws. Works with Corporate HR to develop strategic initiatives to achieve company goals.
- Monitor requests for accommodation and leave of absence for the region, considering federal and state laws, and in partnership with legal team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in an HR Business Partner role.
- Experience working as part of an HR shared services model preferred.
- HR certification preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of human capital management and strong business acumen with proven ability to partner with operational leaders to drive business strategy.
- Demonstrated and extensive technical expertise and application of human resource principles, theories, concepts and practices.
- In depth working knowledge of FMLA, ADAAA and Workers’ compensation laws and regulations.
- Proven investigative experience to include: conducting interviews; locating, reviewing and analyzing data; preserving evidence; and producing cohesive and thorough written reports.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Corizon offers you the following:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Comprehensive On-boarding
Location/Region: Brentwood, TN, US