Swim Instructors provide private instruction to adults and children of all levels and abilities as well as group instruction for children. This position teaches swimming fundamentals, stroke mechanics, and basic water safety. Work hours are flexible and include weekends and evenings. This position must be knowledgeable of the policies and procedures defined by the department. Additional responsibilities include evaluating student achievement and completing routine paperwork.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to instruct swimming lessons
- Knowledge of swimming strokes and teaching levels
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision
Required Education and/or Experience
- Previous experience
- Must possess American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid certifications or the ability to obtain within the first two months of employment
- Must be 16 years or older
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification
Salary Ranges Minimum salary(USD $): Maximum salary(USD $):
Pay decisions are based on education, experience, skills and budget. The lower third of the range typically applies to less experienced candidates; the middle third for more experienced; and the upper range for those with exceptional qualifications and sustained performance.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)