This job description represents part time positions within the Department of Campus Recreation. Each position title is part of a pooled group of employees.
Group Exercise instructors instruct scheduled group exercise classes in a safe and effective manner. They attend required training sessions and meetings. After each class they are expected to clean up aerobic room and closet, handle sound and exercise equipment with care, and report any problems or malfunctions. It is important that they do a class counts of participants and record the numbers for evaluation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work cooperatively with internal staff members
- Ability to complete assignments and tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to effectively keep abreast of all internal policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Group Exercise Certification from an Accredited Organization (AFAA, ACE, Powder Blue, Zumba etc. . .)
- A current American Red Cross Adult CPR/AED and Blood Borne Pathogen Professional Rescuer Certification, or the ability to obtain within 2 months of employment
Salary Ranges Minimum salary(USD $): Maximum salary(USD $):
Pay decisions are based on education, experience, skills and budget. The lower third of the range typically applies to less experienced candidates; the middle third for more experienced; and the upper range for those with exceptional qualifications and sustained performance.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA