This job description represents part time positions within the Department of Campus Recreation. Each position title is part of a pooled group of employees. The Personal Trainer position will develop and implement safe and effective training programs using the client goals as a guide. They are responsible for maintaining the schedule and keeping training appointments with clients. Personal Trainers will record and track the progress of the clients and provide education to participants about the benefits of exercise and healthy lifestyles.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work cooperatively with internal staff members
- Ability to complete assignments and tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to effectively keep abreast of all internal policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed
Required Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A Personal Training Certification from an Accredited Organization (AFAA, ACE, ACSM etc. . .)
- A current American Red Cross Adult CPR/AED and Blood Borne Pathogen Professional Rescuer Certification, or the ability to obtain within 2 months of employment
Salary Ranges Minimum salary(USD $): Maximum salary(USD $):
Pay decisions are based on education, experience, skills and budget. The lower third of the range typically applies to less experienced candidates; the middle third for more experienced; and the upper range for those with exceptional qualifications and sustained performance.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)