The Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining the entire hotel and F&B facilities including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. As a Chief of Engineering you will be responsible for genuinely supervising and coordinating the activities of the engineering staff engaged in maintaining and repairing the physical structure of the building promptly and efficiently to the required standard.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicates effectively and genuinely with guests, team members and other departments.
- Demonstrates team work by co-operating and assisting colleagues as needed.
- Is intuitive to guest needs, anticipates needs in job performance, and is able to find guest centric solutions.
- Keeps departmental budget under the direction of the General Manager
- Keeps a file of all equipment repairs and vendors that have service equipment
- Maintains all tools, equipment and supplies in a secure area, keeps inventories and issues purchase orders when supplies need to be ordered
- Understand OSHA requirements as they relate to the hotel and chemical storage as per OSHA
- Attends any meetings or training sessions/courses as required
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately and immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s Emergency Plan. Follows emergency procedures to provide for security and safety of guests and employees
- Develops implements and monitors a preventive maintenance program of all building equipment and guestrooms
- Coordinates the maintenance, repair, and installation of all assigned work through vendors and contracted work and provides status to General Manager
- Ensures the proper operation, maintenance, and repair of all property mechanical & electrical systems and plumbing
- Gets proposals for emergency repairs and projects and works with vendors and contractors to ensure proper completion of contracted projects. Manages regular maintenance contracts.
- Conducts routine inspections and walk through of all hotel rooms and public areas
- Maintains effective Energy Management. Continuously looks for energy efficient solutions
- Continuously evaluates the performance of engineering staff and takes corrective actions when necessary
- Ensures local law compliance such as per State and Local laws and building codes
- Submits requisition for needed supplies in line with forecast and budget and outside services for approval
- Rectifies any building, code, or fire violations
- Ensures renovation projects are going smoothly by assisting construction team on projects.
- Effectively balances demands from hotel providing a positive work environment that fosters a seamless and cohesive team.
Kam Sang Company is a leader and pioneer in real estate development. Established in 1979, the multi-million dollar corporation boasts millions of square feet in prime real estate in hospitality, retail, residential, restaurants, and mixed-use and continues to grow and acquiring other valuable and strategic properties.
The philosophy behind Kam Sang Company is the creation of value, realized through superior management and execution. Kam Sang Company maintains high integrity through careful supervision of the entirety of its developments, from project conceptualization, investment, development to construction. All properties are managed directly by Kam Sang Company.
Location/Region: Glendale, CA (US)