Business Development Manager- Atlanta, GA
(OPTIONS-- or Houston, TX or NY Metro or Denver, CO or Los Angeles, CA or Chicago, IL)
- Commercial/Construction security sales role
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident only
- Bachelor’s and 6 years selling to commercial clients
Company and role:
We are a provider of managed security services. Our customers depend on us every day and include the who’s who of commercial real estate, distinguished global retail brands, leading commercial enterprises and critical government facilities. We are committed to providing a great customer experience and we continually invest in the next big ideas to shape and transform our industry.
The primary objective of the Business Development Manager (BDM) is to sell comprehensive security systems and services to clients: local building owners, managers, tenants and developers. We are an established leader in the security industry and recognize the challenges and complexity that our clients must overcome to successfully perform ongoing management of their security systems. We run and manage the security systems so our clients don’t have to face these challenges.
The BDM must be cognizant of the dynamics within the market served and understand the client’s security requirements. The BDM will instill in the client a clear understanding of our value proposition and offer systems and services to meet the client’s needs.
- Identify and cultivate long-term business relationships with building owners, managers, tenants, and developers.
- Develop and plan account strategies that provide the greatest opportunity to make sales.
- Design security systems that meet the client’s needs.
- Write proposals, conduct presentations, and demonstrate Company systems and services.
- Generate sales that meet or exceed established goals.
- Maintain an ongoing sales journal that accurately summarizes the status of outstanding proposals.
- Participate in scheduled sales meetings.
- Amplify collective sales opportunities by introducing decision-makers and key client contacts to colleagues and managers.
- Identify, research, analyze, and communicate competitive sales strategies.
- Participate in key industry associations and events to increase awareness of the Company’s brand and favorably position the Company to targeted clients within the community.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, initiative, teamwork, and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 6 years sales experience preferred
- Outstanding sales skills to commercial clients at the executive level.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the commercial real estate market or commercial construction a plus.
- Track record of closing sales of complex systems or services with protracted sales cycles.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience with SalesForce automation systems (like Sugar) is a plus.
- Work with little direct supervision.
- Excellent personal computer skills including a working knowledge of word processing, spread sheet, contract management, and e-mail programs.
- Work well under pressure.
- Perform a physical survey of commercial premises such as construction sites, parking garages, office building public spaces, tenant spaces and roofs.
- Participate in and pass the company’s pre-employment screening process including a background investigation, drug screening and driving record.
- Maintain a safe driving record and valid driver’s license to fulfill the travel requirements of this position.
- Meet and continue to meet state licensing requirements for security.
- Meet client background and suitability screening when required to access client’s data and/or site.
- US Citizen/Permanent Resident 18+ years old.
The dictionary says that a Protege is "One whose career is furthered by a person of experience, prominence or influence." We provide our clients with human capital talent they need to reach their business, company and personal goals. From Fortune level companies to Start ups we supply resources that you can hire with confidence. Unlike many firms, we don't pretend to recruit in all areas. Our Practice areas have always been well defined and reflect our expertise in those verticals.
We are as selective with our candidates as we are our clients. Our reputation is valuable to us and success demands quality and integrity from both sides of a search. This approach and philosophy has earned us the reputation of being a valued and trusted partner to many companies and candidates a like. We make every effort to get to know our clients, their working environments and as many variables as we can to insure that the search is successful.
Our recruitment strategy and approach is a function of deep personal networks and relationships that go back, in many cases, decades. We of course, use social media, and online databases, but most of our placements are made with referrals from our trusted professional network. We can put that experience to work for you finding your next Protege.
Location/Region: Atlanta, GA (US)