Program Coordinator Sr (Recruitment)
Arizona State University
FDM Administrative Services
To be determined
Days and Schedule
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Facilities Development and Management (FDM), Administrative Services, seeks a Program Coordinator Senior to coordinate division-wide services in the areas of recruiting, hiring and on-boarding for FDM employees, supervisors and managers at all campuses.
- Consult with department hiring officials on developing job postings, advertising positions and performing specified recruiting searches.
- Prepare position announcements, advertisements, and information materials for recruitment. Identify creative methods to expand diverse talent pipeline through marketing, networking, social media, recruitment event planning and other forms of candidate interest generation.
- Review employment applications, evaluate minimum qualifications, and determine equivalent qualifications and desired qualifications.
- Conduct verification of employment, reference checks, and schedule background check and finger printing.
- Coordinate employment by consulting with department hiring officials to schedule interviews and finalize the hiring process. Coordinate daily operations and program activities.
- Prepare periodic reports, financial statements and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside agencies.
- Assist with temporary employment requests.
- Develop, compile and draft a variety of correspondence, memoranda, statistical summaries, reports and other materials.
- Ensure current desk manual, templates and forms are up to date when changes are made and distribute.
- Utilize computer to access and maintain information in PeopleSoft, Kenexa BrassRing, Excel, Word, and Access.
- Maintain confidential information and records. Ability to manage time and prioritize work.
- Provide back-up support to other unit staff; assist with special projects.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform the essential functions of the job.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND four years administrative/coordinate program experience; OR, Master's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinate program experience; OR, Eight years of progressively responsible administrative/coordinate program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in coordinating employment/recruitment activities (e.g. developing job postings, developing interview questions, evaluating applicants, background verification, and reference checks)
- Experience using on-line recruitment software (e.g. Kenexa BrassRing)
- Experience with on-boarding
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse. Required to stand/sit for varying lengths of time and travel moderate distances to perform work. May travel to other campuses. Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
Facilities Development and Management measures performance expectations and seeks candidates who are aware of, participate in, and encourage team support of Arizona State University's sustainability programs. The University has made an institutional commitment to lead by example through the sustainable operations of its campuses. By demonstrating exemplary practices and sharing solutions, ASU stimulates changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable world.
ASU offers tuition waiver (to include yourself, spouse and dependents), paid vacation and holidays, excellent benefit package, employee training and development opportunities, and an employee assistance program.
This position is located at the University Services Building, 1551 S. Rural Road, Tempe, AZ (on Rural Road south of Apache Blvd).
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Work reference history information for 3 current and/or former supervisors will be requested at time of interview.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply, please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs under Careers at ASU, click “External Staff” and enter ReqID#46977BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=3646176_5494
Location/Region: Tempe, AZ (US)