TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
Opus has an exciting opening for a Technical Project Manager. This role will be responsible for the simultaneous execution of several registration websites and event applications. Critical skills in this position include understanding technical event cycles, multitask, excellent verbal and written communication, and strategic collaboration across internal and external teams.
- Manages and provide support for all areas of event registration, including partner integration, reporting and delivery of software components of an event project
o Works with members of the technical production team in the delivery
- Participates in development and management of project plans/timelines
- Works on multiple projects/teams simultaneously, ranging from 2-7 months in length
- Brings a consultancy approach to the work and actively works to remove roadblocks and facilitate communication
- Effectively manages relationships with clients and vendors
- Thoroughly completes all projects within hourly goal and budgetary requirements by identifying and utilizing the most efficient methods to execute each project and task.
- Assist with registration support for attendees
- Scrum facilitation including daily standups, project kick-offs meeting facilitation, and retrospectives
- Ownership of projects and drives the action items to completion
- 2+ years leading software projects
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience in Cvent and other CMS tools is a plus
- Direct experience with Scrum and Agile is a plus
- Event industry experience is a plus
- Strong networking skills and ability to work across multiple departments to accomplish goals
- Ability to take initiative and ownership to learn and produce high quality work
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with others and work well on a team
- Display a positive attitude in all interactions with internal and external customers
Opus offers a choice of three very rich medical programs, dental, vision, FSA, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and AD&D coverage. We also have a 401(k) program and generous profit sharing plan.
Employees enjoy a peer recognition-based “employee of the month” program, onsite showers for the bike commuters and midday fitness fiends, a hand-made Italian espresso machine and chilled keg, free Bagel Breakfast on Wednesdays, a festive lunch once a month hosted by Opus and prepared by a new department each time, holiday functions, and flexible summer hours.
If you like a fast-paced environment, with smart and motivated colleagues, and want to have fun at work, this may be the fit for you!
Apply online at