ELM Utility Services Meter Maintenance Technician
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION’S ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
ELM is seeking Meter Maintenance Technicians to work in the Salt Lake City, UT area. As a Meter Maintenance Technician, you will be driving to work sites to inspect meter sets along specific routes. You will also be responsible for removing corrosion and repainting the meter sets. This will require that you manage your own daily route and schedule within certain parameters, and that you are committed to the high quality and accuracy of your work.
We are looking for Meter Maintenance Technicians who combine a solid work ethic and the ability to self-manage with a firm commitment to safety. You must also be comfortable working in an outdoor setting, walking significant distances each day in all types of weather, and dealing with all manner of field hazards. It is also important that you have exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and that you are able to interact with
people in a friendly and professional manner.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to walk up to 5 miles a day in all weather conditions
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and to bend/stoop/kneel/crawl
• Valid driver’s license with a good motor vehicle record
• Ability to efficiently manage your daily schedule
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Flexibility and temperament to adapt to sudden challenges and changing work conditions
• Availability for weekend on-call duty, as required
• Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screens
• Knowledge of underground utility construction and your assigned geographic region, a plus
• Computer proficiency and the ability to use GPS/mapping systems, a plus
• Ability to read and decipher maps, a plus
• Experience in delivery or route driving involving production quotas, a plus
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of the Company, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development, and job succession.
As a Meter Maintenance Technician with ELM Utility Services, you will be part of one of the largest and most respected companies in the utility location industry. We are the type of family-owned company where we know you by name and ensure that you have all of the training and support you need in order to do your job well. In addition to professional development and advancement opportunities, we also offer excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Company-paid and voluntary life insurance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Paid time off
• Company vehicle for work-related travel
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Location/Region: Bountiful, UT (84010)