The Health Communications Specialist for Campus Health provides comprehensive health communication services to a population of 13,000students. Provides leadership for health communication initiatives and strategies including managing health campaigns, marketing and communication on current and emerging college health issues, and targeted communication efforts to students. This position also coordinates population level online education programs. This position is responsible for ensuring prevention/interventions are provided to fidelity and in sufficient quantity to enhance health and support student learning and success and that all efforts are evaluated to demonstrate impact. This is a full-time, 12-month position with some weekend and evening hours required. This position also may require participation in off campus programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of current and emerging college health issues, environmental management/prevention strategies, health behavior change theories and ecological framework, and evidence based practice
- Oral and written communication skills that can contribute to effective collaboration with students/faculty/staff
- High level of organizational skills and proven record of delivering quality results in a timely manner
- Ability to strategically and creatively manage a wide range of projects, and to work quickly and effectively on deadline projects
- Proficiency in professional graphic software applications (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) and excellent understanding of electronic media capabilities and limitations (limited color palette, bandwidth, etc.)
- Ability to work successfully with a diverse community and provide services and communication from a non-judgmental perspective
- Ability to, in all services, ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements
- Stays knowledgeable on current developments in the field of college health
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to facilitate effective communication and interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration
- Ability to utilize a variety of health communication strategies and to leverage technology and social media to reach target audience
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and experienced in desktop publishing and SPSS, and willingness to learn new programs
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of work experience in marketing/communications, health promotion or closely related field
- High school diploma or equivalent and seven (7) years of work experience in marketing/communications, health promotion or closely related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Education, Health Promotion, Higher Education, or other health/education related field
- Two years experience in health communication planning, implementation and evaluation in higher education
How To Apply
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.This posting will close on Friday, November 30, 2018
.Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)