The Chief Executive Officer implements the vision, philosophy and mission for Quinault Nation Enterprise Board (QNEB) under the sole direction of the Board of Directors. Plans, directs and coordinates the operational activities of the enterprises by building and directing a strong enterprise management team. Directs and manages all Enterprise General Managers. Ensures the efficiency, quality and service of operations resulting in maximum profitability and growth. Develops and implements short, mid and long-term strategic plans to maximize revenues. Provides direction and leadership towards achievement of the QNEB’s strategic annual goals and objectives.
- BA or BS degree in business administration or related field
- Prior senior leadership experience with minimum of ten (10) years in progressively responsible positions managing large or multiple operations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret financial data and manage resources.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, train, develop and motivate employees.
- Experience in marketing and sales
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Working knowledge with various management information systems.
- Experience in leading a multi-enterprise organization
- Demonstrated team player
- Experience in working with public policy – federal and state.
- Experience working with Indian tribes or Native corporations
- Master’s degree in business or related field.
- Experience in Seafood, Casino, Timber or Retail operations.
- Quinault Tribal Gaming License
- Must maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License and must be insurable through our company.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must have an aptitude for customer services and ability work through stressful situations.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate complex or unwelcome information courteously and helpfully to guests, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must possess excellent computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Power Point.
- Must be able to identify, evaluate, and resolve operational and personnel problems.
- Must be team-oriented and possess a result-oriented managerial style.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiations, and change management.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation which may include financial, education, and any other factors applicable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Specific duties and day-to-day tasks of the CEO are prompted by assignments, and by requirements to fulfill responsibilities established by the Supervisor. These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides regular updates to the Board of Directors.
- Reviews operations to evaluate performance of the Enterprises in meeting objectives and to determine potential cost reductions, program improvements or policy changes. Enforces policies in an unbiased manner. Enforces adherence to operating, procurement, property, accounting, fiduciary and other policies of the QNEB.
- Provides leadership as a primary business resource, understands the big picture, and is able to translate changes in the business environment to opportunities for the organization
- Leader in maintaining and developing the company’s public relations with the community and the general public.
- May represent the organization with Tribal entities, governmental entities, and the public. Represents the QNEB at Tribal Council and General Council meetings.
- Takes the lead in ensuring alignment between individuals, teams, departments, and the overall organization (including QNEB) to implement the necessary strategies and action plans to accomplish the organization’s overall mission
- Develops and implement short and long term financial, operational, and marketing plans
- Insures effective financial and operational reporting systems are in place for the enterprises
- Embraces teamwork as the foundation of the organization, demonstrates good interpersonal skills, treats all team members with dignity and respect, actively supports others, and maintains a high level of personal integrity
- Builds an enterprise management team that:
- Generates energy and enthusiasm by creating a vision for the enterprise that team members find inspiring and motivating
- Constantly strives to improve profit and organizational effectiveness and efficiency, while maintaining customer satisfaction
- Is proficient in the area of planning, organizing, leading, and performance expectations
- Insures effective lines of communication throughout the organization and the community
- Is responsible for effective employee safety programs
- Teaches others and helps team members to reach their potential, maintains an appropriate authority balance, and ensures accountability in others
- Brings together the necessary tools, information, and resources to accomplish the enterprise’s purpose/mission
- Adheres to and maintain effective professional business standards
- Provides leadership in creating new economic opportunities
- Develops and maintains close internal and external customer ties and ensures the enterprises meet customer expectations
- Responds quickly and aggressively to changing customer needs and embraces new ideas, methods, and devices to improve processes
- Performs annual performance evaluations on all management personnel, and ensures all other employees performance evaluations are conducted annually.
- Leads a culture that promotes opportunities within the enterprises for growth and development.
- Promotes a positive corporate culture through team-building and effective management of human and capital resources. Fosters an environment of continuous performance improvement and development of QNEB employees.
- Supervises the Central Accounting and Administrative staff and delegates appropriately in order to maximize executive productivity.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by QNEB
- Adhere to all QNEB Policies
Reports to: Quinault Nation Enterprise Board (QNEB)
Supervises: General Managers for Quinault Land and Timber Enterprise, Quinault Pride Seafood, Quinault Beach Resort & Casino CEO, Retail Operations Manager, Accounting Manager, Human Resource Manager and Executive Assistant.
Salary Range: DOQ
TO APPLY: click the APPLY NOW button on this page to email your resume.
You may also mail your resume to the address below, or fax to: (360) 637-6604 Fax.
PO Box 130
Taholah, WA 98587
For further information: (360) 276-8215 ext 1527
Location/Region: Taholah, WA (US - 98587)