SECURITY OFFICERS NEEDED
We are presently accepting applications for full time, part time and on-call unarmed security officers at our Artesia and Lovington sites for major clients to include Navajo Refinery and Artesia General Hospital.
New Mexico Level I or higher guard license preferred but not required. **We will provide training for candidates interested in pursuing a career in security**. Both sites are manned 24/7, services include manning fixed posts and roving patrols conducted in company provided vehicles. Uniforms and training are paid for and provided by Xcel Protective.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Observe and report any unusual activity at the job site
- Patrol the exterior and interior premises on foot and exterior by vehicle
- Verify employee and contractor access badges to ensure proper access is granted to restricted areas
- Monitor surveillance system and notify authorities of any unusual activity
- Issue visitor badges and vehicle permits for access to the job site
- Escort vehicles into and out of restricted areas as needed
- Assist law enforcement, medical and fire departments as needed during emergency situations
- Perform random inspections of vehicles and personnel as required
- Other duties as assigned
Applicant must have:
- A valid New Mexico Driver’s License and
- A clean driving record
- Pass an initial drug test
- Pass initial background check
- Be able to complete all required training
- Be able to stand 50% of the time during the shift
- Ability to tolerate loud noise at the refinery
Certain jobs include Health, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage for the entire family at no cost to the employee (based on hours worked). New Hire Retention Bonus also available.
Additional paid benefits include vacation and holiday.
Headquartered in Prosper, Texas, Xcel Protective Services specializes in providing armed and unarmed security services to both the public and private sector. With over 18 years experience supporting federal agencies such as the Department of Navy, Department of Air Force, National Park Service, Bureau of Reclamation, Department of Labor, EPA, Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration, Xcel has rightfully earned a reputation in the industry for uncompromised service. Our diversified and experienced team of professionals is committed to providing our clients with a high standard of excellence. The organizational and individual commitments of management and officers in the field are the foundation for the success of our team. We believe in hiring experienced security professionals, former law enforcement and military personnel who understand the critical nature of providing security. They are equipped with extensive introductory training combined with continued education to ensure their success. Unparalleled service in the industry has allowed us to achieve client satisfaction and retention. Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Artesia, NM (US)