Job title: Quality Control Technician
BG/BU: AFA – Healthcare
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job family: Quality
Reports to (Title): Technical Manager
1. Job Overview
§ Perform inspections and quality control tests to ensure quality standards and adherence to specifications
§ Appropriately understand and follow the plant’s OHSE (Occupational Health Safety and Environment) and Quality systems to maintain a safe workplace and ensure quality product.
2.1 Formal Qualifications and Experience
Knowledge and Experience
· 1 – 3 years quality control experience preferred
· Good mechanical ability
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Must be computer literate
· Ability to use gauges and calipers
· Good math background
· Able to pay attention to detail
Education and Certifications
· High School Diploma or GED
Job Specific skills and abilities
- Perform inspections and quality control tests to ensure quality standards and adherence to specifications
- Inspect and test incoming raw materials in accordance with quality control procedures
- Inspect finished products to ensure compliance with customer’s specifications
- Maintain appropriate records of tests, inspection results and observations
- Notify productions personnel of deviations in product quality. Mark deviant products appropriately
- Maintain finished goods and raw material retains in an organized manner
- Perform aging test studies on selected material
- Assist with set-up and clean-up of all presses when machine is down
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Follow all company safety rules and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Amcor (ASX: AMC; www.amcor.com) is a global leader in developing and producing high-quality, responsible packaging for a variety of food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical-device, home- and personal-care and other products. Amcor works with leading companies around the world to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve supply chains, through a broad range of flexible packaging, containers, cartons, closures and services. The company's 35,000 people generate more than US$9billion in sales from operations that span 200-plus locations in more than 40 countries.
With 16 plants in the Americas operating in 6 countries, Amcor Flexibles Americas (AFA), a business group of Amcor, is a market leader and the world's largest supplier of flexible packaging. We deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the medical, pharma, personal care, and food markets. Its award winning approach towards sustainability makes Amcor the preferred partner for customers looking for responsible packaging solutions. For more information visit www.amcor.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor Flexibles - United States is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the Law" Poster and "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 847-362-9000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We participate in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.
Pay Transparency Policy
Amcor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Location/Region: Milwaukee, WI (US)