Vehicle Test Engineer (Mechanical / Defense) (Field Service)
Type of Position:
12-month contract position (possible for extension / going direct)
This position is ONLY open to candidates who are US Citizens due to government regulations. Candidates will need to be able to obtain secret security clearance. Client will NOT accept candidates who are Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders), CPT, OPT, H1B, and TN visas. This position is NOT open to corp2corp, corp2hire, or w2 referral.
Negotiable (overtime paid over 40 hours)
HRU Technical Resources has partnered with a major defense contractor and engineering company to place a Vehicle Test Engineer (Mechanical / Defense) (Field Service). In this role you will plan, coordinate and work with technicians to accomplish projects involving heavy-duty vehicles test and/or development (under the guidance and supervision from the senior engineering staff).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with establishing of requirements for testing of heavy-duty vehicles and associated equipment according to the needs of the project.
2. Recommend what equipment resources are necessary to accomplish the test.
3. Assist in formulating project estimates.
4. Assist in creating test plans and implementing them via communication to subordinate engineers and technicians.
5. Create plans for fixtures and test apparatuses and supervise their construction and development.
6. Coordinate, supervise and monitor progress of testing.
7. Recommend corrective actions needed to maintain schedule and cost targets.
8. Communicate the status and results of tests as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• Internship experience or 6-plus months related work experience
• Ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance
• Ability to attain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
• Experience in automotive or heavy-vehicle equipment
• 1st / day shift
• This position will be based out of Oshkosh, WI but WILL involve extensive travel. It’s estimated travel will be 50%. Travel costs will be reimbursed.
HRU Technical Resources is a Technical Recruiting and Staffing Company. For 38 years we have helped clients and candidates nationwide in a variety of industries (Automotive, Military/Aerospace, Insurance, Education etc.) and professions; specializing in Engineering, IT, Supervisory and Technical related placements. However, we are able to place just about any skill set/job title, just about anywhere.
Location/Region: Oshkosh, WI (US)