The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and growing a World Class vendor base.
The successful applicant will be required to communicate effectively through all organizational levels at both the client and vendor organizations. Strengths will include analytical skills, ability to drive to root cause and effectively monitor implemented corrective actions. A successful track record of implementing Continuous Improvement tools is highly desirable. Experience working with international vendors is a plus. This position will require 20-30% international and domestic travel. Familiarity with Precision Machining, Metal Injection Molding, Forging, Plating and Heat Treating processes are all highly desirable. Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment is a must.
Job Function/Primary Responsibilities:
• Evaluate vendor capability and capacity to produce specific components.
• Establish Inspection Methods, Acceptance Criteria and Sampling plans for newly outsourced components.
• Audit supplier’s Quality Management Systems for compliance to component requirements.
• Audit Vendor’s Facility for compliance to all federal and International Requirements for component production.
• Provide feedback to vendors via scorecard system and act as a resource for continuous improvement.
• Evaluate and disposition components determined to be non-conforming.
• Dimensional verification of incoming inspection results.
• Train Suppliers to effectively execute Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) and Corrective Actions Preventive Actions (CAPA)
• Responsible for driving the Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA) process for all Suppliers.
Education and or Experience:
• Four (4) year BS Engineering Degree (prefer major in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering) or equivalent work experience.
• Seven (7+) Years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Must have previous experience with Metal Inject Molding (MIM).
• Must have previous experience with plating process such as anodize, black oxide, and PVD.
• Must have previous experience with common heat-treating processes.
• Strong working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Detailed oriented with creative problem solving skills and the ability to get things done.
• Familiarity with Oracle a plus.
• Familiarity of ITAR, ATF, EAR a plus.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to, SPC, DOE and Quality Systems.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly.
• Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement Training.