Summary: Inspects in process, finished, and incoming products and materials as assigned.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing quality environment, preferably working in a quality control or quality assurance capacity.
- Proven experience in the areas of In-Coming, In-Process and Final inspection activities.
- A background in performing functional testing of products.
- Must be familiar with basic knowledge of various test equipment, meters, scaled rulers, and gauges used to perform inspections.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely while maintaining a friendly and cooperative atmosphere.
- Experience with data collection and SPC methodologies.
- Must be well organized with good written and oral skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft® Word and Excel.
- In-Coming, In-Process, Final inspection activities and associated PC data entry.
- Mechanical and electrical component and assembly acceptance inspection using established documentation and guidelines.
- First article report generation
- Finished goods cosmetic and functional inspection.
- Inspection of labeling and packing of finished goods prior to shipping.
- Data collection as required by Quality criteria.
- Quality Assurance personnel are encouraged to be creative & innovative, while at the same time are expected to learn and follow our structured processes. They will take direction from Quality management personnel and will assume appropriate levelof responsibility for technical work to assist in the development of continuous improvement efforts.
- Quality Assurance personnel are expected to contribute to our team while enhancing their own technical expertise and increasing their responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects all company products to assure high standard of quality.
- Inspects in process products and suggests changes to make products better quality.
- Performs various tests and inspections to assure standards are met according to specifications.
- Inspects all finished products to ensure that products are packaged properly according to specifications.
- Follows safety rules and procedures to ensure all equipment is used in a safe manner as directed.
- Wears protective equipment to ensure quality control is in compliance with all safety rules.
- Ensures that work area is safe and kept in an orderly manner. This position works 12 hour shifts.
Management reserves the right to change or modify the functions of this job as required to meet the needs for the organization. Therefore, other duties may be assigned. Ensures the work area is kept in a safe and orderly manner.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Operational and Communication: Coordinate training efforts so that all employees are aware of and follow quality, safety programs, rules, and compliance with regulations. Support all departments with quality and related issues. Conduct quality assurance training sessions for existing employees.
Regulatory/Health and Safety: Ensures company is in quality compliance for all customers and regulatory agencies. Coordinate and conduct audits of products in inventory for customer complaints or otherwise stated by QA Manager. Recommend necessary equipment, tools, and supplies for the department employees to do their job. Ensure work area is kept in a safe and orderly manner. Responsible for the completion of plan projects and efforts stated by QA Manager.
Technology: Basic computer skills.
Customer Service/Logistics and Distribution: Represent the company to different agencies and customers.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Prior experience in quality control/assurance and or safety. On the job training provided by the company.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to read and write in English and Spanish preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of safety rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of product specifications.
- Knowledge of packaging requirements.
- Knowledge of quality control tests and measurements.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will perform a majority of job duties inside the work site. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to loud noise and is occasionally exposed to moving parts, air born particles, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
Specific Equipment and Materials used: The following equipment and materials are utilized for this job. Accu-dyne test, micrometer, chronometer, video related equipment, computer, black light, dosimeter, sound level meter, and computer, microscope, safety knife, calculator, measuring tape, and color booth.
Safety Equipment: The following safety equipment is required and must be utilized for this job. When in the manufacturing area, the employee is required to wear the following: Safety glasses, ear plugs, closed toe shoes, hairnet and steel toe shoes.
Location/Region: El Paso, TX