CITY OF SOLON The City of Solon will be establishing a list of candidates for the position of Police Officer for the Solon Police Department. Testing for this position will include a written examination given by Ramsey and Associates on Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at the Solon Community Center, 6:00 p.m. and a physical agility examination conducted by members of the Solon Police Department on a date to be determined.
CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION
The Solon Civil Service Commission will establish a certified list of police officer candidates based on the results of both portions of the examination. Only those who achieve a passing score of 70% or above on the written examination will move on to the physical agility test. Bonus credit for Military Service (10%), OPOTA Certification (5%), and College Education (2% for Associates) (4% for Bachelors) will be given to those who pass with documented proof supplied at time of filing of application. Credit for highest college degree attained will be given. College degrees cannot be combined for 6%.
Qualified candidates must have at least a high school diploma or GED, have attained the age of twenty-one (21) by date of written examination, have valid driving privileges, be of good moral character with no history of felony or serious misdemeanor offenses, and possess an excellent work ethic and service-oriented attitude. In addition, candidates will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, truth analysis, and full psychological and physical exams.
Those interested should go to http://www.solonohio.org/DocumentCenter/View/7792 to begin a download of the Department of Public Safety - Division of Police Personal History Questionnaire including the liability release/waiver form. Once completed bring the application and notarized release/waiver form to Solon City Hall along with a check or cash for a $20 application fee, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The deadline for filing applications is February 12, 2019.
The City of Solon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, disability or military veteran status in employment or provision of services. All information received is subject to the public record laws of the State of Ohio.
Location/Region: North Ridgeville, OH (US - 44039)