We are currently searching for a Local Market Budget Truck Territory Performance Manager. This exciting position develops and executes short-term and long-term strategies, solutions, and improvements, and is responsible for all operational activities undertaken within a defined area, will take action to grow sales and gain market share. Motivates, coaches and supports operators/dealers to increase inside and outside sales, revenue and profitability, audits all locations to ensure customer service and quality standards are met. The position is accountable for P&L, customer service and will manage the daily operations, sales functions and maintenance to ensure maximization of fleet utilization, customer satisfaction and the performance of staff to grow the area to operational success! The qualified candidate will be responsible to manage and improve the operational and revenue performance of assigned Budget Local Market Truck locations in a given geographic territory. The position is responsible for increasing ancillary sales throughout assigned territory and supporting and developing operators and dealers with daily activities to effectively serve customers and maintain location profitability. Manage and develop business relationships and promotion of brands within communities throughout the territory.
Responsibilities and essential job functions but are not limited to:
- Manages and improves the operational and revenue performance of assigned Local Market Truck locations.
- Grows the territory by continually prospecting new dealers, agent operators and local business opportunities/customer acquisitions through sales calls. Coordinate the process for on-boarding.
- Participates in sales blitzes, trade shows, chamber of commerce functions and other local events to strengthen the brand awareness in the marketplace.
- Motivates, coaches and supports operators/dealers to increase inside and outside sales, revenue and profitability. Also, recruits, trains, motivates, coaches, evaluates and counsels agency operators and dealers to ensure customer service and quality standards are met.
- Operates as a liaison between dealers/operators/dealerships/company management regarding operational, financial and inventory concerns. Communicates relevant performance and operational news.
- Audits agency operators' performance through agency contact reports and dealer performance through standard dealer performance reviews SDPR across all appropriate operational, financial and marketing measures. Communicates location performance levels, including all areas of concern, to Local Market Truck District Managers and recommends the opening or closing of locations based on evaluations of current store operations and/or market research.
- Visits all locations on a regular basis. Prioritizes location visits based on revenue and overall performance.
- Completes all necessary paperwork, monthly reports, competitive information sheets, contracts, business correspondence itineraries, customer complaints, call reports, expense reports, etc. accurately and timely.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent working experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in sales, marketing, inventory management, territory management, field maintenance, and/or field operations, particularly in a transportation related field years of experience will increase according to territory assignment.
Successful candidate will possess required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record.
- Demonstrated sales ability.
- Ability to manage a multi-site environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences both internal and external on a wide variety of topics, including communicating all relevant operational and performance data to various dealers/operators, and effectively communicating results to management.
- Ability to influence others to increase performance levels. Training experience is a plus.
- Position requires strong time-management, organizational and analytical skills, resourcefulness, motivation, strong business acumen and the ability to self-manage.
- Strong team-building skills and ability to motivate team to continuously improve performance. Ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
- Proficient Computer skills, Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point skills. Prior experience working with operations performance software a plus.
Frequently drives an automobile for prolonged periods. Willingness to travel overnight for business required. Based on geographic location the percent of overnight travel will vary.
Avis Budget is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in your being considered for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.