Brownells enjoys a great reputation in its industry and a great team to drive that brand, but we’re constantly growing and need passionate people like you to join our team. As a family-owned company for more than 75 years, we can’t wait to meet you -- and your family.
Speaking of your family, they come first, and we’ll always do our best to help you spend the most time with them possible. In fact, we can prove it. We’re the proud recipients of The Alliance of Work-Life Progress Seal of Distinction in both 2014 and 2015. We achieved this by implementing a number of employee-friendly programs including flexible work arrangements, and numerous initiatives designed to enhance the quality of the lives of our team members and their families.
Because of our great team, we’re able to maintain a small-company feel, backed by the Midwestern values of honesty, integrity and respect, while being an internationally-recognized brand with customers in more than 60 countries worldwide.
We’re proud to be a progressive company in a traditionally conservative industry, we’re proud of our shooting heritage and we are Serious About Firearms.
This position is responsible for providing quality service to Brownells customers by professionally and accurately processing customer orders and to provide technical support to Brownells’ customers and employees in product selection and usage.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct customer support via phone, chat, and e-mail
- Initiate customer contact at the first level while using supplied information and training to maintain high first contact resolution levels
- Advises customer on the choice and use of products, answers technical questions and assists in the sale and proper use/application of product
- Establishes and maintains relationship with frequent customers in order to help build an information network and support customer loyalty
- Assists customers in their purchase of ammo and/or reloading equipment
- Handles all customer contacts as necessary
- Answers customer questions related to product selection or usage
- Responds to customer emails and chat communications
- Maintains proficiency in product knowledge to ensure Brownells offers the best knowledge base to our customers by attending training via classroom, web, and reading journals
- Assists customers with questions related to product substitutions across all brands
- Participates in product campaigns by offering customer special values when known
- Works with Contact Center Reps, other Support Techs, and Customer Service Reps to resolve customer problems
- Brings customer advocacy perspective to product and service offerings
- Participates as a member of the Gunsmith Technical Team and skill set
- Performs technical checks and product dimensioning and document information in Tech Notes
- Identifies substitute products and/or processes
- Writes instructional materials detailing training methods and supporting documentation
- Provides customer training via step by step phone instructions, assistance with using reference materials, and doing whatever it takes to build customer competencies and confidence
- Attends trade functions to build and retain customer base, evaluate “hot items” and customer interests
- May attend trade functions or shooting events
- Seeks and maintains relevant professional certifications
Education and Experience
- 2 years of bench time experience with an AAS or 6 years of equivalent gunsmithing/armorer experience
- Currently an active shooter and reloader by hobby or by trade
- Thorough understanding of Brownells products and their usage
- Thorough working knowledge of Brownells website
- Broad understanding of all types of firearms actions
Knowledge & Skills
- Precision reloading for long range events, “F Class, 1000 yard, 3 gun, etc.
- Single stage equipment advantages and disadvantages in using this type
- Use of progressive equipment, initial setup, number of rounds possible per hour disadvantages
- Lead bullet loading and familiarity with velocity and pressure requirements
- Proper bullet mold selection for various base styles and proper use of gas checks
- Customer Focus (L2)
- Creativity and Innovation (L1)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L1)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L2)
- Drive for Results (L1)
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- General office environment
Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concerns whether the applicant or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
About this company
Serious About Firearms Since 1939™, Brownells is the world’s leading source for gun parts and accessories, ammunition, gunsmithing tools, and survival gear. The family-owned company proudly serves gunsmiths, gun owners, law enforcement and military organizations from its Montezuma, Iowa-based headquarters. To accommodate consistent growth, Brownells has added a second facility in Grinnell, Iowa. This consistent growth means we need more talented professionals and the Grinnell facility is a short drive from the Des Moines metro.
As a company forever connected to the outdoors and forever committed to its industry, Brownells fosters proud culture of honesty, integrity and respect for its customers and employees alike.
Brownells is passionate about the lifestyle we've chosen, we're forever connected to the outdoors, we're committed to our industry and we're serious about firearms. We are the largest supplier of firearms accessories and gunsmithing tools in the world. This is all we do and all we've ever done. Are you serious about firearms? Then start your search at the company who's taken firearms seriously since 1939.