General Employee Responsibilities
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and laws.
- Comply with Northeast State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Comply with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) Principles of Accreditation,policies and guidelines.
- Promote and maintain College and TBR Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Promote and comply with Northeast State Community College SAFE Campus programs.
- Maintain digital calendar and archive annually on June 30. Provide supervisor with access to calendar and an archived copy of calendar for annual performance review.
- Seek efficiencies and continuous improvement in both position and personal growth.
- Lead/promote College and TBR initiatives as they relate to this office.
- In all duties assigned, show a commitment to quality, customer service, and Northeast State Community College: to include students, College employees, and the community served by Northeast State. Be an active and contributing part of the Northeast State Team.
- Follow professional code of conduct and ethics; maintain professional dress in compliance with expectations of the position.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervisor/President.
- Utilize effective people skills in working with internal and external customers.
Specific Role and Responsibilities
- Manages all Graphic Design for the College
- Manage multiple processes and procedures
- Graphic Design for projects
- Brand consistency
- Logo creation
- Processes publication requests and makes managerial decisions when applicable
- Designs and prepares covers, reports, posters, brochures, special maps, displays, and related materials
- Makes artist conceptions of projects using various types of media
- Advises on artistic and visual aid presentations
- Edits images using various graphics software, digital cameras and scanners
- Uses computer graphics and photo editing software to prepare comprehensive layouts various forms of media
- Researches and makes recommendations regarding the purchase of new software and equipment
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Uses digital camera when necessary
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervision.
Requirements of the Position
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Education – Bachelor’s in Graphic Design or related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience - 2-4 years' experience working in graphic design
- Technology Skills: MS Office skills, Word, Excel, Access; digital records management systems; general operating systems and data information systems
- Experience working with Adobe Software or related editing software
- Experience working with video editing and after effects
- Experience working in a Higher Education environment
Compensation: $29,588 - $36,985 annual salary dependent on education and experience.
Contract Type: Fiscal, Full-Time Regular
Location of Position: Northeast State,
2425 Highway 75
Blountville, Tennessee, 37617
Open Until Filled: Yes (The hiring committee will begin reviewing applications after the position has been posted for 2 weeks.)
Requisition Number: req3057
TO APPLY: Graphic Designer (Open Until Filled)
Location/Region: Blountville, TN (37617)