Come join one of PSBJ’s 100 Best Workplaces!
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm in Seattle and Los Angeles, seeks a Senior Interior Designer for our growing Seattle location.
We are an innovative firm designing buildings, landscapes, and places that weave together a vibrant mix of uses to embrace the communities in which we work. Our dynamic team of interdisciplinary professionals crafts solutions for our clients by asking the right questions, diving deep into understanding their needs and the context of our projects, and by pursuing new ways of thinking about the future. We are recognized in the design community for the quality and thoughtfulness of our work, and for being focused on outcomes that build healthy communities and cities.
About the Role
To lead, facilitate and coordinate interior design services with aligned disciplines on assigned projects from project analysis through completion. Take responsibility for production and coordination associated with project(s), including providing direction to the project team.
Professional Knowledge & Responsibility
- Lead GGLO project design teams to meet the clients needs, quality objectives, project constraints as well as GGLO’s brand of design.
- Responsible for the development of the whole design of the project according to the design intent.
- Reviewing all documents to ensure they incorporate the design intent.
- Represent GGLO and the design for all consultant coordination meetings.
- Manage design coordination within GGLO i.e. between architecture, FF&E and graphics, and between Owners consultants.
- Supervise, develop and mentor Designers.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager in providing services per scope, budget and schedule.
- Responsible for creating and delivering presentations based on GGLO’s deliverables standards for presentations and contract documents.
- Oversee the production and delivery of quality and timely sets of contract documents being drawings, specifications, budgets and reports as proscribed by the contract.
- Lead the GGLO team in performing it’s construction administration
- Responding to RFI’s and interpreting the contract documents to ensure the design intent is met.
- Reviewing submittals, substitutions and field conditions for conformance with design intent.
- Attending and reporting on field visits.
- Conducting punch lists reviews
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
Location/Region: Seattle, WA (98101)