Designed to complement CBREâs occupier and landlord service offerings, the Host mission is to increase individual well-being, personal productivity and organizational effectiveness through people-led, technology-enabled services. Put simply: our goal is to help people work smarter and delight in doing it.
We are a diverse team of creative, engaged and highly-motivated individuals who are passionate about disrupting real estate and changing employee expectations about what it should feel like to come to work every day, all from inside the worldâs largest real estate services organization.
DESCRIPTION / OPPORTUNITY
The real estate market is undergoing a significant and exciting change â driven by data and technology. User Experience play a vital role in CBREâs mission to create unmatched value for our clients. The User Experience designer will be a guiding force in defining the user experiences across a variety of form factors including large screens, tablets, mobile phones and wearable devices. The person must be passionate about Data Visualization of huge data sets and this role could enhance your career to being a Data Storyteller / Visualization expert leading to Product Management. The person must have a good understanding of information architecture, interaction design, usability analysis and user centered design. The person must have a passion for developing products with awesome user experiences that blend seamlessly with customers work flows for both the first-time user and the sophisticated expert. Creativity is key requirement as many times the customer looks to CBRE to provide solutions to their problems. This position is strongly cross-functional in nature, requiring strong working relationships with multiple teams, including Product Management, Data Analytics, Marketing, Research, Engineering and Operations. In addition to internal constituents, you will also work with real estate brokers, customers, and partners to understand the user requirements. An attitude of exploration and openness throughout the process will lead to success in this role.
- Lead the design and creation of enterprise and consumer applications
- Promote user advocacy during all part of program development, helping to set user design requirements, create system definition artifacts such as typographic systems, animation requirements and illustrations and refine the system throughout development.
- Work with multiple members of the development team, researchers, and product managers to perform design activities, get support and review work to implement the correct design.
- Analyze customer research and competitor offerings to conceptualize and understand users.
- Create application concepts by defining information architecture, user interface flow, wireframes mockups and other design guidelines.
- Create and maintain an atomic design system and UI kit
- Communicate design concepts through sketches, diagrams, and interactive prototypes and can adapt communication style to different audiences and explain design rationale to key stakeholders
- Work across multiple platforms including Desktop, Smartphones, Tablets and Wearable devices
- Strong visual design skills with a solid understanding of visual design principles for mobile devices
- Ability to influence senior leaders on matters related to design
- At least 2yrs experience working on mobile products
- Proficient in Illustrator, Sketch, Abstract, and InVision design tools
- The individual must be highly entrepreneurial and a strategic design thinker
- A dazzling portfolio that displays a spectrum of innovative design solutions and applications from cradle to grave.
- Bachelorâs degree (masters preferred) in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Design, or related field
- Typically has 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Consideration given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, interpersonal and leadership skills are required. Should be comfortable working in a very dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Proven ability to create mock-ups and produce multiple iterations efficiently
- Deep understanding of user-centered design principles and the ability to execute upon them
- Solid understanding of data driven design activities, such as storyboarding and experience models, solid experience using these strategies to create high quality designs
- 4 years of experience as a professional UX or concept designer.
- Good knowledge of agile software development processes
- A commitment to your career so you can grow with the group
- An awesome team with whom to collaborate (including great consulting partners)
- A competitive compensation package, complete with benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision/401(k)/Disability)
- An open source culture/atmosphere that encourages learning and contributing back to the community. We support staying on top of the latest best practices and tools
- Flexible work schedules and casual atmosphere
- Paid holidays/vacation
ABOUT OUR TEAMWe are a growing User Experience team within CBREâs digital and technology group. We are well positioned within the organization to access tools, resources, and leaders throughout the industry. Our mission is to empower both the enterprise and its constituent lines of business with the game changing data and insights needed to develop and execute business strategy. We believe that personal growth is equally as important as Company growth, as the two are, in fact, largely interdependent. We dream big and want to work on the most interesting real estate questions with great people, leading technology and shared curiosity.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
Location/Region: Dallas, TX