Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States. We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry. Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
As an HR Generalist at Corizon you will support the HR Business Partners by acting as the first line of communication to our employees, who will likely reach out through calls and email. You will work on a variety of employee relations issues, answer basic benefits questions, process leave of absences and provide direction and insight to managers – ensuring compliance with all federal and state employment law.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and conduction investigations and compile information as it relates to employee relations issues.
- Manage and respond to employee inquiries/complaints via the HR mailbox.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee corrective actions.
- Processes employee changes in HRIS.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases. Prepare annual OSHA reports.
- Properly maintain and update employee files and records.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of high volume employee relations experience with an in depth knowledge of employment law.
- In depth working knowledge of FMLA, ADAAA and Workers’ compensation laws and regulations.
- Experience working as part of an HR shared services model preferred.
- HR certification preferred.
- Proven investigative experience to include: conducting interviews; locating, reviewing and analyzing data; preserving evidence; and producing cohesive and thorough written reports.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Corizon offers you the following:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Comprehensive On-boarding
Location/Region: Brentwood, TN, US