EDNA A. HILL CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER at KU seeks food service worker to operate kitchen.
- Prepares snacks/meals that appeal to children; serves food on time; adheres to State and CACFP regulations in all phases of food preparation; adjusts menus to meet children's special dietary needs.
- Must ensure quality of food; oversee safe and sanitary practices in the kitchen and all who use it; ensure adequate food is available and provide substitute when needed.
- Must oversee practicum students' use of kitchen and goods; ensures practicum students follow kitchen sanitation and safe food handling practices and other guidelines.
- (PURPOSE): To provide required nutrition to children.
- (REVIEWED): Monitored by supervisors for quality, promptness and appeal.
10%-MENU PLANNING AND RECORD KEEPING
- Plans and prepares meals/snacks according to CACFP guidelines and State regulations, taking into consideration nutrition, appeal and cost; reviews menus with supervisors; maintains accurate accounting records for the CACFP program.
- Must plan variations and substitutes for each dish according to need.
- (PURPOSE): To provide good nutrition to children and comply with State and Federal guidelines; to maintain accurate records.
- (REVIEWED): Reviewed as needed with supervisor; CACFP records audited annually.
- State Health Department reviews annually.
- Loads/unloads dishwasher; keeps dirty dishes (those standing around) to a minimum; adheres to State regulations of dishwashing.
- (PURPOSE): To maintain sanitary conditions.
- (REVIEWED): Checked periodically for adherence to State standards.
- Maintains kitchen in a safe, organized fashion; cleans up during/after food preparation; keeps drawers locked according to State licensing regulations; assists with minor repairs and end-of-the-semester cleanup; arranges for repair of malfunctioning equipment.
- (PURPOSE): To maintain sanitary conditions and monitor condition of equipment.
- (REVIEWED): Reviewed by supervisor periodically for adherence to regulations.
- Washes and dries dirty laundry promptly; schedules and monitors use of facilities by classroom teachers.
- (PURPOSE): To maintain sanitary conditions; to provide classrooms with clean laundry.
- (REVIEWED): Spot-checks by supervisor for promptness in attending to laundry.
- Prepares list of items for purchase according to menu; purchases groceries and supplies as needed and within budgetary constraints; maintains records of all purchases.
- Must organize and keep ongoing inventory of food and kitchen items.
- (PURPOSE): To purchase necessary supplies so that the unit can function.
1. Must possess a valid Kansas driver's license; this is necessary for doing weekly grocery shopping.
2. Must pass appropriate KDHE health tests (tuberculin tests and health assessment.)
3. Demonstrated experience in food service and/or commercial food preparation Physical Requirements: 1.
Carry supplies up to 30 pounds either with or without accommodation.
2. Reach above head to lift supplies on shelves either with or without accommodation.
3. Stand, walk and bend as needed for job activities.
4. Occasional activities include climbing stairs.
5. Push and pull carts of food from kitchen to classrooms as needed either with or without accommodation.
1. Prior experience in group/quantity cooking.
2. Works well with others.
Contact Information to Candidates Edna A. Hill Child Development Center email@example.com Additional Candidate Instruction Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references.
Review of applications begins on August 30, 2019 and will continue until a pool of qualified applicants is obtained.
Please apply before the review date for first consideration.
To apply, go to: http://employment.ku.edu/staff/14344BR.