SPARGO, Inc. is a full-service event management company, offering a suite of services that support the production of trade shows, conventions, conferences, symposiums and seminars.
The Meetings Manager is responsible for managing the full life cycle of meeting planning for assigned clients. The individual must be detail-oriented, proactive, and capable of working independently and as part of a team. Strong organizational, project management, and communication skills are required. This position reports to the Associate Director, Meeting Logistics or Senior Meetings Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance):
- Coordinate and execute all phases of meeting planning for assigned meetings ranging from 500 attendees to 1,500 attendees including but not limited to: issuing RFPs through contract negotiation; budget preparation, monitoring and reconciliation; facility/venue and vendor management; gridding meeting space and coordinating space requests from staff and affiliates; reviewing/approving BEOs and resume/event plan from facility.
- Communicate with clients, facilities and vendors on a regular basis via email, conference calls and face to face meetings.
- Create, manage, and adhere to detailed planning timelines.
- Prepare detailed and accurate meeting specifications and other documents necessary for the advanced planning and onsite execution of assigned meetings.
- Collaborate internally with other SPARGO departments, i.e., registration, housing and exhibit sales/operations, to successfully execute full-service client meetings.
- Travel on behalf of SPARGO as required for site visits and onsite execution of meetings.
- Train Meeting Specialists and Meeting Coordinators.
- Maintain historical files for all assigned meetings including final budget recap, function book, and post-show notes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.