Job ID R554 Full / Part Time:Part time
Baystate Health is seeking an IBH Clinician Social Worker
Northern Edge Practice, Adult Medicine
What You Will Do:
Integrated Behavioral Health Clinician (IBHC) is a specialized behavioral health clinician who works as a member of the advanced primary care team(s) within BMP ambulatory sites. The role of the IBHC is to ensure that behavioral health needs of the patients under the responsibility of the BMP practice are met. Behavioral health needs in this context include but are not limited to specific behavioral health symptoms and suspected psychiatric illness; they also include behavioral and emotional factors influencing physical health. The IBHC helps the care team to identify these needs by assisting in the administration of behavioral health screening instruments, helping in the interpretation of these screens, and providing brief clinical assessments of patients.
The IBHC works alongside other members of the advanced primary care team and informally consults with them regarding behavioral health questions arising in the context of routine patient care. The IBHC provides direct psychological intervention, including individual and group psychotherapy, for patients under the care of the BMP practice who have behavioral health needs that can be addressed in brief treatment (1-4 sessions). For patients with the need for longer term behavioral health treatment, the IBHC educates patients regarding community mental health resources and facilitates these referrals.
The IBHC has a direct reporting relationship to the IBH Clinical Supervisor and an indirect reporting relationship to both the medical director of the IBH Program and the BMP Behavioral Health Practice Manager. S/he is also accountable to his/her colleagues on the care team within the practice, actively collaborating with them in the care of patients, and responding to behavioral health needs as they arise on a day-to-day basis, as well as the medical and administrative leaders of the BMP primary care site in which IBH Clinician is placed.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Assists primary care practice care team in the selection, administration, and interpretation of clinical screening instruments.
- Proactively interacts with the members of the BMP practice. Informally consults with primary care providers and other clinical team members regarding suspected behavioral health needs and helps to identify strategies for further assessment.
- Attends team meetings with other members of the care team, reviewing the care of complex patients and especially those who have been refractory to treatment. Also participates in analysis of patient registries for chronic health problems, helping to identify strategies for identifying those patients for whom behavioral health needs are contributing to excess morbidity.
- Provides brief clinical assessment of patients identified as having suspected behavioral health needs.
- Provides brief, focused psychotherapeutic intervention, including individual and/or group psychotherapy for selected patients. Preferred psychotherapeutic models include motivational interviewing, psych educational therapy, cognitive/behavioral therapy, supportive therapy, and solution-focused therapy. Other evidence-supported short-term psychotherapeutic models may also be used.
- Maintains excellent clinical documentation of all patient care activities in integrated medical record.
- Meets productivity requirements as established by clinical supervisor. Productivity is based on face to face encounters with patients, informal clinical contact with team members, as well as other non-billable activities.
What You Need To Know:
- Master’s Degree in Social Worker
- LICSW in the State of Massachusetts
- At least 3 years of clinical experience and/or training in providing mental health services in collaboration with medical professionals. Age-specific competencies matching the age-range of patients in the assigned primary care practice(s).
- Clinical assessment, brief, evidence-based psychotherapy techniques, administration and interpretation of behavioral health screening instruments, team-based collaboration skills
Master of Social Work: Social Work (Required)Languages:Certifications:Work Experience:Competencies:Responsibilities:Skills:
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA