Job ID R575 Full / Part Time:Part time
Under the direction of the Manager of Spiritual Services, the On Call Priest Chaplain provides pastoral and sacramental ministry to Catholic patients and families in emergencies. He will support members of the hospital community through the stresses of illness, treatment, new diagnoses, trauma and death. The On Call Priest Chaplain will cover all shifts, but primarily night and weekend shifts.
1) The Priest On Call Chaplain will provide coverage to requests made by patients, family members or caregivers for sacramental ministry and/or pastoral care visits on days/shifts of coverage.
2) Offers spiritual and emotional support through pastoral relationship, crisis intervention, pastoral care and counseling, prayer, the sacraments, and Celebration of Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation.
3) Provides routine administration of the Sacrament of the Sick to Catholic patients, prioritizing by acuity of illness, referral and special requests, and charts pastoral interventions in the patients’ electronic health care record.
4) Demonstrates respect and support for the diversity of faith traditions and individual spiritual beliefs of patients, families and staff, providing ministry to patients of other
5) Provides pastoral care and support to employees and medical staff as appropriate.
6) Demonstrates collaborative working relationships with other disciplines in caring for patients and families and within the department to promote department goals
7) Adheres to all departmental and hospital safety standards in order to maintain a safe patient care and work environment. Attends all mandatory in-services.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Clinical Pastoral Education
Skills and Competencies:
1) Employee needs to be alert and able to be productive, including during late night and early morning shifts
2) Faculties in order to perform the Sacraments of the Roman Catholic Church
3) Needs to be in good standing with local Roman Catholic Diocese
Education:Master of Arts: Theology (Required)Languages:Certifications:Board Certified Chaplain - VariousWork Experience:Competencies:Responsibilities:Skills:
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA