Position Summary: Children’s Aid’s foster care program places children with supportive families in their own neighborhoods when their parents cannot offer them the stability, safety, and support they need to thrive. The Foster Care program is prepared to deal with the widest range of child welfare situations—from temporary situations that allow birth families to address issues until they can be reunited, to specialized homes with highly trained foster parents for children who need constant care for chronic medical and developmental conditions, or children reacting to trauma. Our programs provide trainings to support individuals in these roles.
- Provide intensive casework related services for clients and foster parents with the goal of achieving permanency and reunification
- Collaborate with service providers for case coordination
- Maintain daily progress notes and other written requirements
- Provide testimony in family court
- Conduct monthly home visits to birth parents and foster families
- Utilization of "CONNECTIONS", child welfare computer system
- Participate in individual supervision, unit meetings and professional development activities such as monthly in service trainings and workshops, etc.
- Schedule and participate in Family Team Conferences
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA in Social Work or a related field required
- Foster care experience preferred
- Work experience in community and neighborhood based programs preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexibility, and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Availability for flexible schedule, including evening hours on occasion
- Computer literacy
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
Children’s Aid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. Qualified candidates from underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
Please apply online through Children’s Aid website – Job ID: 003756
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- 403b + employer match
- Up to 20 vacation days
- Sick days
- Personal days
Visit us: https://www.childrensaidnyc.org
Location/Region: Staten Island, NY