The Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for the development and management of the Esports program as well as the, development of websites, electronic newsletters, and social media campaigns within the department of athletics. Must have the ability to work evening shifts and weekends, must have a willingness to work flexible hours based upon events including daytime, evening, weekend and holidays as needed.
Characteristics, Duties, and Responsibilities
• Develops Esports Program infrastructure through training and management of various Esports teams.
• Plans and implements live productions of Esports team competitions through Esports Media Team.
• Coordinates the creation of digital content within the athletic department.
• Establishes our athletic web presence to boost brand awareness.
• Creates engaging text, image and video content for department.
• Designs posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create a buzz around new and current programs.
• Develops creative promotions of our athletic programs within the county of Union and surrounding areas.
• Designs digital media campaigns aligned with the Mission of the College and athletic programs.
• Develops new ways to attract prospective student-athletes.
• Coordinates and sSubmits all printed content through College Relations prior to printing and posting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Experience with media productions and marketing of esports and athletic programs through all social media platforms.
• First Aid and CPR certification will be required, training available
• Previous experience with developing creative promotions
Competencies and Skills Required
• Computer literate.
• Proven work experience as a social media coordinator
• Expertise in multiple social media platforms.
• Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
• Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and be proactive
• Awareness of, and appreciation for, individual uniqueness and diversity.
• Commitment to student development, leadership and teamwork
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to provide a welcoming, inclusive environment for participants
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position’s duties are normally performed in a typical interior/residence work environment, based on the activity scheduled.
• This position’s duties are occasionally normally performed in an outside work environment, based on the activity scheduled.
• Some physical effort required; however, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Some exposure to physical risk.
• The employee may be required to walk and sit for extended periods and will be exposed to outside weather conditions; including but not limited to, heat, cold, humidity, rain, and direct sunlight.
• Travel will be required.
Union County College does not discriminate and prohibits discrimination, as required by state and/or federal law, in all programs and activities, including employment and access to its career and technical programs.
Union County College is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Terms of Employment
Part-time: Hours not to exceed 25 per week. Flexible schedule to meet department needs. Some evening, weekends, and extended hours (evenings) will be required. Ability and willingness to travel on short notice to all on and off- campus sites as needed by the college. Employee must establish primary residency in New Jersey within one year of appointment unless an exemption applies.
About this company
As the oldest community college in New Jersey, UCC has been serving both career-minded and transfer-oriented students since 1933. The College has maintained its commitment to scholarship by providing a solid liberal arts foundation while, at the same time, developing new programs and courses that meet the challenges of a rapidly developing society.
UCC is focused on ensuring that our programs and facilities are equipped to prepare students for the intellectual and technological demands of the 21st century. All four UCC campuses boast advanced data and voice infrastructures that can support the latest in computer hardware and software. All credit students are offered their own college e-mail accounts through which they can communicate with UCC's outstanding faculty, fellow students, and the vast world of knowledge and information available through the World Wide Web. Distance learning opportunities, such as courses by videotape, are increasing with each semester.
Even more important, UCC has a reputation for providing its diverse student body with a nurturing and supportive environment. Student services from counseling and financial aid to the tutoring provided by the Academic Learning Centers on each campus are in place to ensure student success.
For those wishing to pursue a bachelors degree, the economics of spending the first two years at Union County College coupled with the dual admissions and transfer /articulation agreements that the College has in place, can ease the road to junior year status at a long list of colleges and universities throughout the U.S. While here, students have the chance to participate in a range of activities. These include a five-star chapter of the honor society of Phi Theta Kappa, an award-winning student newspaper, a modern fitness center, and a range of athletic programs. In 1998, the UCC Owls and Lady Owls were the first teams from one college to become the Men's and Women's Garden State Athletic Conference Basketball Champions in the same year.
Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult returning to school after a hiatus, an employee seeking additional training or a new career, Union County College can be your . . . access to the 21st century!
Location/Region: Cranford, NJ