The Maintenance Planner is responsible for planning corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance for the mine and transportation equipment. This role is responsible for selecting, planning and describing the most efficient, safe and optimal way to perform the job. This role also assists the Mine Production department in balancing their need for daily output with their need of equipment reliability through proactive and preventative maintenance. The Maintenance Planner will develop detailed plans weeks ahead of the maintenance crews, providing sufficient time for procurement of parts, prioritizing repairs, resource assignment and scheduling. This will include communicating with all stakeholders, and later measuring how successfully the planning effort contributed to the results.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote safety via work products and by personal example.
- Ensure all plans take into consideration Colowyo safety standards, MSHA regulations and other regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Establish, maintain and improve the Maintenance Planning and Scheduling business flow process.
- Align the maintenance planning activities to ensure maintenance targets are met and sustained in the long-term.
- Ensure a high level of integration with the Production Department.
- Assist in the preparation, management and control of the maintenance budget - operating and capital.
- Responsible for managing costs, including accruals and warranty claims.
- Develop cost estimates, manpower requirements, repair priority lists and time constraints for maintenance work.
- Plan and schedule all activities related to maintaining and extending the life of the field fleets, ensuring quality control.
- Work plans delivered will give consideration to equipment availability, workload priorities and production needs.
- Coordinate with suppliers, utility representatives and regulatory agencies to ensure efficient and uninterrupted mining activities.
- Management and technical leadership for the Computerized Maintenance Management system (currently Asset Suite version 8).
- Maintain equipment history and work with maintenance management to review the history trends and make recommendations for improvement.
- Management of the Whole of Life component forecast.
- Manage the condition monitoring and reliability maintenance program by scheduling, supervising, reviewing data and developing action plan based results.
- Manage equipment fleet oil sampling program by ensuring proper sampling intervals, reviewing lab data and developing action plans to prevent failure of major components.
- Ensures that equipment backlog is reviewed and prioritized along with current project priorities and added to the work schedules as appropriate.
- Able to determine all project needs for both planned and unplanned outages to include: necessary parts, equipment, services and manpower.
- Collaborate with maintenance supervision to schedule manpower and resources for the most effective outcomes.
- Able and competent in root cause failure analysis and investigations.
- High level of customer-focus and excellent communication skills.
- Must work with all Stakeholders, vendors and trades in a professional manner.
- Takes on other assignments as required to successfully and timely implement new systems and initiatives
- Adhere to company policies, programs and procedures as well as Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), and Midwest Reliability Organization (MRO) standards, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws and regulations and Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA).
- Safety: Maintain safety awareness and comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures to assure a safe working environment. Properly wear and care for applicable safety gear and equipment. Identify and communicate unsafe conditions to supervisor, coworkers, and the Safety functional area and correct or assist in resolving safety concerns and issues. Must understand and comply with the Clearance Procedure as applicable.
- Culture: Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Assist maintenance supervisors in identifying technical requirements for manpower.
- Train and mentor employees for future Planning roles.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete related company training programs.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Active approach to safety by understanding and utilizing safe work practices while observing all rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity, teamwork, and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Communicate effectively with company employees and management.
- Flexibility to take on additional duties as required.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Advanced organizational and planning skills.
- Practical knowledge of mining or heavy industrial equipment maintenance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High initiative and good work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and deal with complex issues.
- Strong computer skills with a willingness to quickly learn and master new software and systems. Advanced computer skills a plus.
- Minimum five (5) years of maintenance planning experience.
Location/Region: Farmington, NM