The Diesel Mechanic will have the following responsibilities:
- Performs all preventive maintenance and repair work necessary on fleet trucks/ trailers/ forklifts and other company equipment.
- Responsible for general day to day operation of vehicle maintenance and repair of all company trucks/trailers/forklifts and other company equipment.
- Responsible for compiling the work schedule in the truck shop and complete any documentation on maintenance records.
- Reviews driver vehicle inspection reports.
- Maintains clean environment.
- Maybe required to answer roadside calls for disabled vehicles.
- Interprets repair manuals and work orders as to properly repair the equipment.
- Responsible for being familiar with and observing all company safety rules and regulations; recognizes that safety is top company priority; attends regularly scheduled safety meetings.
- Required to use all safety equipment as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lead a team, highly organized with superior time management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of vehicle maintenance and operations.
- Self-motivated; self-starter.
- Good math and computer skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read, interpret and comply with all company polices rules, safety manuals and procedures.
- Class A CDL, with Tanker Endorsement.
- High School Diploma required.
- 3 years’ prior experience.
- AC Certification Required.
- Vocational school training preferred.
- Ability to service and diagnose Brakes.
- Ability to service and diagnose diesel trucks, (tractor/trailers) and power-train mechanics.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Must be capable of lifting 70 lbs.; Occasionally lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
Job functions will be carried out in a rendering facility which requires tolerance for wet and/or slippery floors and high heat and cold temperatures.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without proper regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
About this company
Serving the food industry with sustainable waste solutions since 1882
For over a century, our company has provided increasingly diverse and sustainable waste solutions to the U.S. food industry for the removal and repurposing of organic meat by-products and used cooking oils. The history of DAR PRO Solutions and its sister brands, DAR PRO Ingredients and DAR PRO Bioenergy, reaches as far back as 1882 with the founding of Ira C. Darling & Company, which later evolved into today’s Darling Ingredients. In 2012, Darling Ingredients acquired Griffin Industries LLC, another experienced and leading player in the American rendering industry. Shortly after, the DAR PRO Solutions brand was launched to bring together Darling and Griffin’s rendering and restaurant services and their feed and fuel products under a single brand, providing a uniform service provider for customers all over the US. In 2015, we recognized that we could more directly provide for the needs of our customers by splitting DAR PRO into three distinct brands that work closely together to create maximum synergy: DAR PRO Ingredients, which builds on over a century of expertise and innovation by providing quality proteins and fats to pet food, feed and aqua feed markets; DAR PRO Bioenergy, which brings together our pioneering efforts in renewable fuels; and the continuation of DAR PRO Solutions as North America’s leading provider of used cooking oil collection and grease trap services for restaurants and supermarkets.
A part of Darling Ingredients
DAR PRO's roots and experience stretch back to the beginnings of our organization. With a legacy of over a century, Darling Ingredients has emerged as a global leader and innovator in the development and production of sustainable ingredients from nutrient-rich organic by-products, providing quality products and services to industries around the world. Our critical and environmentally safe solutions help protect the food and feed chains, keep people and animals safe, and benefit people, businesses and the environment.
A legacy of service to global industries
Over the years, Darling Ingredients has expanded its business from traditional rendering operations to include a wide range of innovative residuals-to-resources services around the world. In January of 2014, Darling Ingredients expanded its operations to span five continents. Our organization now offers a global portfolio of over 400 products and services for the food, feed, fuel and pharmaceutical industries that are used in businesses and homes around the world every day.
Location/Region: Byram, MS (US)