Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Job Purpose/General Description
The purpose of this position is to operate equipment associated with the loading and unloading process. Operators in this position are responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the loadout and unloading areas, with minimal supervision. They will ensure that the equipment is fully operational and in good repair. Interacts on a regular basis with customers, operators, supervisors or other personnel.
Operators in this position:
- Operate all equipment associated with the loadout and unloading process for trucks and/or rail: including scales, drags and conveyors.
- Ensure accurate information of scale weights and transactions are recorded daily.
- Operate computer programs needed to load finished products. Hand write tickets computer network is unavailable.
- Monitor inventory of tanks by reading levels on computer and/or ascending ladder to top of storage tanks to take physical tank measurements.
- Ensure quality of the product meets Food Safety guidelines and customer specifications at loadout. Report all food safety concerns immediately to supervisor.
- Process samples utilizing lab equipment to obtain and record values on a computer spreadsheet and collect samples for several process areas.
- Work outdoors in a dusty environment.
- Enter confined spaces under proper permit conditions and supervision: including dust collectors and storage tanks.
- Control traffic through department and ensure that all visitors follow safety rules.
- Troubleshoot problems as required.
- Perform light maintenance, such as replacing valves, troubleshooting conveyors and pumps, etc. while safely using wrenches, air tools, hammers and various hand tools.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation.
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment utilized by facility; determine immediate and long range needs for maintenance and repair work. Enter notifications utilizing maintenance computer program.
- Understand and adhere to state and federal Occupational Safety and Health rules and regulations as related to plant safety. Follow all Cargill safety rules and regulations.
- Complete all housekeeping assignments, work to improve the condition of the department, and work as a team member with a positive attitude.
- Attend various mandatory safety and department meetings.
- Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as a team with all involved.
- Assist other plant personnel as needed, and will perform any other duty as requested by the supervisor.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating 8 or 12 hour shifts, including nights, overtime, weekends, holidays, and additional hours beyond regularly scheduled shift to cover vacancies.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, etc., to work in elevated areas of the plant, and must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist, reach and work on irregular surfaces.
- Must be willing and able to work in inclement conditions and extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor, dusty environment.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Must be able to operate machinery
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment
- Must be able to read/write English
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts
- Must be able to frequently lift 10-25 pounds
- Must be able to open/close 100 pound rail car lids and doors.
- Must be able to wear respirator and required safety equipment.
- Must be computer literate including being able to enter and retrieve data.
- Must be able to learn computer software programs such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and SAP.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have very good time management skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and possess follow-up skills.
- Must be willing to accept accountability.
- Must have demonstrated high performance (work performance, attendance record, safety record.)
Operators in this position will use multiple hand tools, PPE and industrial vehicles to assist with job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
Apply by February 26, 2018.
Cargill is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Location/Region: Lafayette, IN