Behavioral Health Network is currently seeking Residential Support Specialists to work in our Residential Services locations. Our Residential Services includes a network of over 30 homes throughout Western Massachusetts that provides 24-hour staff supervision and support to individuals that we serve.
A Residential Support Specialist must be able to:
- Provide direct services that supports growth, promotes independence and ensures safety of consumers in all settings.
- Assist and monitors activities of daily living.
- Encourage independence, competency and decision-making.
- Initiates, supports, and ensures quality of life through empowerment, safety awareness and respect and dignity.
- Monitors overall health and well-being, and assists with all aspects of medication treatment and administration.
- Provides crisis intervention and emergency services as needed.
- Assist in maintaining, enhancing and fostering social support networks and relationships.
- Plan and provides opportunities for community activities.
- Act as a primary implementer of strategies to meet ISP/PSTP goals.
- Provide indirect services that documents and supports the provision of direct services to consumers.
- Complete progress notes in a thorough and timely manner.
- Complete program specific forms and required, time-sensitive documents in a timely manner.
- Complete health and medication-related documents as individually indicated and in accordance with MAP regulations, and manages medical coordination.
- Update and maintains clinical records.
- Provide safe and timely transportation in own vehicle.
- Attend in-services, meetings and trainings as assigned and scheduled, keeps mandatory trainings up to date and monitors employee training completion.
- Complete individually assigned program-specific responsibilities.
- Telephone supervisor hourly as scheduled during awake, overnight shifts to report the status of individuals served by the program and any other assigned tasks.
- Recognize and reports program-specific safety and maintenance concerns and ensures property is safe and well maintained.
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
This posting only represents a limited overview of the position’s key responsibilities and required qualifications.
The Residential Support Specialist have the following qualifications:
- Individuals must be committed to empowerment and growth, human rights, and community integration of Individuals/persons served.
- Minimum of six months experience in human services preferred.
- Training is provided by BHN.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a reliable car available for working hours.
- Able to regularly lift up to 50lbs.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs" to apply!
Location/Region: Springfield, MA